Visit Gomde California
During the summer season (May 31–Sept 20), we welcome visitors to our campground During this time, you are welcome to come visit for the day, or to bring your own camping gear (shelter, bedding, and food) for an overnight visit to our 250-acre property. While there won’t be any on-site programs this summer, there is an abundance of peace and natural beauty at Gomde—a perfect setting to deepen your practice.
In the off-season, you are also welcome to come for a day visit, or if you would like to engage in private retreat, you may do so by registering here: Private Retreat.
Please register at least one week prior to planned arrival by clicking on the “Register Now” button. Note that there a few rules in place to comply with CDC guidelines and protect the health of the community this summer:
- All visitors are strongly recommended to receive a full course of vaccination prior to visiting Gomde California, for the sake of your own health, the health of our community, and of the community at large. Please provide a digital copy of your vaccination certificate via e-mail prior to arrival.
- If vaccination is not possible, visitors are required to quarantine according to CDC guidelines—10 days without testing, or 7 days when tested on the day of arrival and on the 5th day of quarantine.
- Non-retreatant guest stays are limited to 3 nights.
- Guests should provide for their own food. There is a small outdoor kitchen with refrigerators and cabinets where you can store your food, as well as a two-burner stove for cooking.
- Guests are welcome to use the Shower House for toilet and bathing.
- Internet access will be available in the outdoor spaces around the Sangha House and Buddha Hall.
- Guests are welcome to enjoy Gomde California’s outdoor spaces, as well as join our daily community practice, which include morning Shakyamuni Buddha & Tara practice, and evening Dharma protector offerings.
Note: If you do not have access to camping gear, we may have a few Tent Cabins available ($45/night), but these are prioritized for those engaged in private retreat. If you interested in doing private retreat at Gomde California, please visit: https://gomdeca.org/program-description/519/private-retreat-at-gomde-california/
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.